Terms & Conditions: Data Protection, Disclaimer and Copyright
Ushare enables teachers, lecturers, learners and training providers to share learning and teaching content.
Ushare provides a platform for users to share user generated content. Content is submitted to Ushare by teachers, learners and other users of Ushare, not SQA.
Content available on Ushare (“content”) may comprise comments posted by users and hyperlinks to websites, documents, videos and other relevant materials hosted on third party websites.
Whilst SQA may moderate posts before they are published on Ushare, publication on Ushare does not mean that SQA has approved or endorsed the content, or checked that it is accurate, relevant, complete or up to date, or whether your access to or use of the content may infringe the rights of any third party. Any rating attached to any content reflects the votes cast by users of Ushare, not the opinion of SQA or its staff.
Content linked to from Ushare is located on websites owned or operated by third parties, over which SQA has no control. Accordingly, you understand that access to and any reliance on content posted on Ushare will be entirely at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, SQA expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage caused by the inaccuracy or incompleteness of any content, or that may arise from your use of any content on or linked to from Ushare.
Reporting inaccurate or inappropriate content
If you think that any content contained in any post, or linked to from Ushare is inaccurate, or out of date, or otherwise inappropriate, you should contact the SQA at email@example.com
Registration, your account and password
In order to contribute to Ushare you must register as a user. You must be aged 12 or over to create a Ushare user account.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat that information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify the SQA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributing to SQA’s Ushare website
The following section applies to any and all material that you submit to Ushare (a “contribution”).
By submitting any contribution to Ushare, you agree to the following:
- You have taken reasonable steps to check whether you are permitted to post or link to that content on Ushare before submitting your contribution.
- If your contribution is published, SQA will publish your user name with your contribution.
- You will not harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- You will not give the impression that your contribution originates from the SQA or any other person.
Submitted content will be moderated using the following guidelines:
- is not defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, discriminatory, inflammatory or unlawful.
- does not infringe anyone else’s privacy rights, intellectual property rights or other rights, or be made in breach of any duty of confidence or any other legal duty owed to any other person.
- does not unfairly promote or further any business activities and has not been contributed for commercial gain.
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- will not otherwise bring SQA and Ushare into disrepute.
- comments must relate to the original post in terms of quality/ usefulness to area of study.
Any personal information that you submit to SQA will be used by SQA in accordance with the terms of the SQA’s Privacy and Cookies Policy. You acknowledge that SQA may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
Availability of Ushare and amendments to these terms
You acknowledge that SQA may withdraw Ushare at any time and without notice. Ushare is provided by SQA on an “as is” and “is available” basis.